ABOUT MECHANI MAG
Mechani Mag (PTY) Ltd formerly known as Mechanica Rand and Unimag was formed in 1971 to produce magnets for the mining industry. Mechani Mag then took over African Magnets in 2007. In the beginning, the then Managing Director, Mr. Ray Laing arranged for electrical coils to be designed and manufactured by a top Italian magnet supplier namely “Gauss Magnetti”, shipped to South Africa and assembled into large overband suspended electromagnets.
Since these times however Mechani Mag has progressed into a total manufacturer of electromagnets and permanent magnets to the mining, mineral beneficiation and industrial markets throughout the world. Similarly, with our range of metal detectors, the name Mechani Mag / Bayliss is synonymous with rugged, reliable and economical equipment which has resulted in many hundreds being shipped throughout Africa.
Not only do we manufacture new equipment, we are well able to repair, modify, refurbish and upgrade existing equipment irrespective of the make or type.
MECHANI MAG HAS AN EXTENSIVE CLIENT BASE, BUT TO NAME A FEW:
- Anglo Platinum.
- Sasol Synfuels.
- Anglo Gold Ashanti.
- BHP Billiton.
- Kumba Iron Ore.
- Eskom Power Stations.
- De Beers Diamonds.
- Sasol Coal.
- Xstrata Chrome.
- Debswana Diamonds.
OUR RANGE OF PRODUCTS
- Suspended heavy duty Electromagnets both In-Line and Crossbelt.
- Suspended heavy duty Permanent Magnets both In-Line and Crossbelt.
- Metal Detectors.
- Plate Magnets.
- Grid Magnets.
- Drum Separators.
- Magnetic Head Pulleys.
- Conveyor Belts.
- Wet Drum Separators for ferrochrome, ferrosilicon and magnetic recovery.
- Meduim Intensity Magnetic Separators used in the recovery of ferrochrome and removal of banded ironstone in diamond operations.
- Lifting magnets Permanent and Electro for plate handling.
- Lifting magnets Electro for scrap and ball handling.
- Magnetic liquid filters for the removal of fine iron contamination in slurry flows and non- magnetic equipment.
Mechani Mag Quality
All our equipment is manufactured to the specifications and requirements of the client and our Quality Control Plans , Installation, Operation Manuals and Data Books are supplied on request. Should a client require anything special we can design and manufacture the equipment for that specific application. We trust this short resume is to your satisfaction and assure you of our closest co-operation at all times. Should you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact the company.
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT US ANYTIME!
Managing/Financial Director: Victor Farkas
Engineer/Director: Justin Farkas – cell: 072 126 1099
Accounts Department Head: Renee de Villiers
Reception/Assisant-to-all: Lorraine Mokoena
Workshop Foreman: Jimmy Letlhake
Metal Detector Technician: Craig Heradin